I read quite a few books in January!
- Two were for a book club: Chain-Gang All-Stars (for my book club at work, since we will be hosting the author soon) and The Mysterious Affair At Styles (for the Official Agatha Christie reading challenge)
- One was for my Ocean-themed Reading Challenge: Wild and Distant Seas
- Two were for professional review: JoyFull and Masquerade (I’ll post the reviews when they are published)
- Two were books that I received from publishers: The Uncharted Flight of Olivia West and The Framed Women of Ardemore House
- And I am slowly reading through a copy of The Pickwick Papers this year as that was a holiday gift from a friend last year. I’ll be reading a little bit of it every month this year until I’m done.
I don’t rate the books I read as I don’t like comparing things that are so different and wonderful in their own ways. If I don’t like something, I just don’t finish it or post about it. With these posts, I just want to share the books I loved so that you can check it out for yourself and see if it suits your tastes! Instead of a rating system, I like to use one word or phrase to describe books and, if you’re interested in longer reviews, please check out my Instagram (@gracerajendran) ! :
I’ve made a collection of all of these books on Bookshop.org, where you can also read more about them or purchase a copy for yourself. If you do, be sure to let me know on Instagram or in the comments here – I would love to hear what you were excited to read!
- Chain-Gang All-Stars: Cinematic
- The Uncharted Flight of Olivia West: Adventurous
- Wild and Distant Seas: Captivating
- The Mysterious Affair At Styles: Twisty
- Masquerade: Evocative
- The Framed Women of Ardemore House: Page-turning
- JoyFull: Incandescent
- The Pickwick Papers: I’ll come up with a word when I’m finished with it 🙂
I really enjoyed reading all of these and got to experience a wide range of genres – fiction, speculative fiction, classics, fantasy, mystery, and even a cookbook! I usually like to read an art instruction book or a nature book during the month as well but, as you can see, I really didn’t have time to add those in – January really did fly by for me! How did it feel for you?